WordPress Training Course London
WordPress is quickly becoming the platform of choice for creating websites. WordPress is an open source and content management system, you don’t need to be a techie to be able to use WordPress and creates a beautiful professional website. It’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (CMS) available today. Well-known brands such as CNN, Wall Street Journal. eBay, UPS. and Ben & Jerry’s use WordPress as the platform to build their websites.
Knowing where to start when customising your WordPress site can be a little overwhelming, however, this WordPress course, will provide you with the knowledge and tools you require to create, market, manage and update any WordPress website. This course will provide you the necessary skills to build, manage and run a beautiful website or blog by using WordPress. You can create anything from personal blogs to professional websites within a short span of time.
You will be able to design your blog/website by using the ready-made WordPress templates. The course is designed for beginners and it explains about WordPress installation, configuration, adding content, images, videos, using themes, widgets, plugins, publishing the site and more.
The session is geared towards meeting individual requirements and their busy schedule, therefore the course is deliver in two ways, one to one and classroom base. The classroom session is run twice in a month depending on the number of student required (small group of 10 to 20 per session) at a location in East London and Central London. Time and location to be confirmed soon. whilst I also hold a one to one session for those that are not able to attend the classroom session at a location convenient to you or a private location which can be hire at extra cost.
Getting Started with WordPress
- What is WordPress and its advantages
- Selecting a good Hosting Provider
- Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting
- Difference between Self Hosting and Free Cloud Hosting
- Installing WordPress using CPanel
- Installing WordPress manually
Setting up WordPress
- Logging in WordPress admin area
- Familiarise with the WordPress Dashboard
- Editing the user profile
- Configuring the Dashboard settings
Adding content to your WordPress site
- About posts and pages
- Difference between pages and posts
- Creating posts and pages
- Creating a static front page
- Text formatting in a new post
- Creating and managing links
- Adding Images, YouTube Videos and Audios
- Adding an image gallery
- Adding post categories, tags and other elements
- General settings
- Discussion settings
- Permalink settings
- Privacy settings
- Reading settings
- Writing settings
- Customising your menu’s
- Installing and activating themes
- Exploring the themes option
- Using WordPress plugins
- Useful plugins
- Installing plugins and using them
- Installing Updates
- Info about various widgets and working with them
- Setting up custom background and header images
- Creating custom menus and custom widgets
Launching Your WordPress Site and After
- Submitting the site to search engines
- Managing WordPress users and permission levels
- Managing comments and controlling spam
- Backing up a WordPress site
- Restoring a WordPress site from crash
- Make your website Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) ready
- Adding social media options like Facebook, Twitter and many more
About the instructor
My name is Salamatu Kamara (Sally), I am a blogger, internet and affiliate marketer, up-coming author of the book titled: How to create a professional website (Step by step guide on how to build a WordPress Website in 2018), an entrepreneur and founder at LB Internet Consultancy.
I have been working with WordPress for over few years now, building range of on online websites from magazine websites, professional and eCommerce websites.
With my skills and knowledge with WordPress I believe I will be able to pass it on and teach you the same so you will be able to have the confidence to build your own website for either your business or blogging purpose in no time.
You can follow me on all major social media platforms as Sally Kamara..
Who Is The Course For?
- Anyone wanting to create a free WordPress website
- Anyone wishing to gain WordPress knowledge
- Anyone who maintains and updates WordPress websites
- Anyone wishing to make money from creating and/or selling websites
Fill the form below to enquire about the course and make bookings